Sunday, August 19, 2007

You never gnome.

You really never know where the day will take you.
I woke up this afternoon (I had worked my last night shift for a while), and roommate was ready to road trip. So, we grabbed Gary the Gnome and my cameras and the mullet wig and beers and away we went. We hit five or six small towns, some corn fields (see above photo), roommates family farm, and a tractor pull. Yes, a tractor pull.
As we were about home, a song came on the radio. The lyrics were saying something to the fact that life wasn't always beautiful but the journey was...I'm not sure exactly. But I thought...I don't agree with that. I think life is beautiful. Not just the journey of it all, but life itself. If it weren't, how else would one end up at a tractor pull in the middle of Nebraska, while wearing a John Deere hat I might add. That sort of stuff doesn't just happen. If one can see the beauty in that...you know what I'm talking about.

2 comments:

topher darling said...

This picture is adorable and disturbingly creepy at the same time.

Anonymous said...

Gary....AWESOME! I wish I could prop myself up in some corn and look like that! - Rommate

Contributors