Sunday, June 3, 2007

This Bud's for you!


I don't know if it is for making the best (only) guess as to what happened to Lynnett's bloodied face, but I've found myself promoted from a lowly blog commenter (if there is such a word (spell-check approved it)) to a highly-regarded (if not slightly intoxicated) blog *contributor*. Ooooooh! I know everybody is impressed (not impressed by the promotion, but by my ability to overuse parentheses ).
I'm not sure who took this photo, but it is from my wedding day with Sarah. This is my very dirty-minded grandfather, Bud Hickenbottom, sitting with my very dear--and of course dirty-minded--friend (and owner of this-here blog), Lynnett.
Now I can only dream what kind of dirty and perverted nothings they were whispering in each others' ears on that most glorious of evenings, but I'm sure it is unrepeatable in a family-friendly blog. Is "south of myself" a family-friendly blog? I don't know the answer to that.
But what I do know is that any discriminating man should ask Lynnett how many people she managed to lock lips with on my wedding night.
That was almost 2 years ago. She's a reformed person by now. What's in the past stays in the past.
Thanks for letting me post, Lynnett. I'm proud of my new parentheses record (not really).
Cheers!
--Lane

8 comments:

Lynnett said...

Dearest Lane,
As you sit here threatening your wife with whipped cream, I can only wonder...is the lip-locking comment out of jealousy? Come on...there couldn't have been more than 20 or 30...I mean really. You make me sound like a common whor....wait, what? So here's to Timmy and Violet. May they always be in our thoughts. (fred and elmo too.)
Your friend,
Lynnett (gag about the marriage comments)

Lane said...

You love the marriage comments.

Lynnett said...

No I don't you big girl.

Lane said...

Your drunk!

Lynnett said...

Your wife's drunk.

Sarah said...

Get me a permanent marker, STAT!

Lane said...

Permanent marker -- check!

Lynnett said...

Dearest Lane,
Wow...I can't believe you would post photo's like that. Don't you respect me as a person? No, no you obviously don't. Lynnett is just a piece of meat you say. Lynnett is so pretty you say. Well geeze I say...I want some more salsa I say. STAT! I have to pee.
Love, Net.

Contributors