Wednesday, May 2, 2007

heads or tails?

Amen.
Tonight, the courtyard was lovely. The fountain is in full swing and it makes for a nice accent. I was going to toss a penny in the fountain, but it fell on the ground and I didn't feel like bending over tonight (it's Wednesday), so I left it on the ground. Maybe now someone else can turn it into their wish. There, I've done a good deed for the day...I gave a wish away. Ah-thank-you! Charity is easy...
I wonder if a little of what I would have wished for will be stuck on that penny? Then whoever picks it up and tosses it in the fountain will have a little of my wish interfere with theirs. So if I would have wished for say...my best friend to find a wonderful job that doesn't steal her away from her family, and the actual "tosser" wished for a new relationship to blossom, would my friend end up with a job as a matchmaker? I'm perplexed...and really f-ing tired.
I was trying to think of a way to tie this photo into a story about wishes...but I don't think there is one. This is my niece at her first communion. Should First Communion be capitalized? Jesus, I don't know (slapping my knee). Anyway, I just love this photo. I imagine that Taya was wishing she could be out of her dress and eating cake already (mmm....cake). Did we even have cake that day? Christ, I don't remember (ha! again with the knee).
A penny on the ground I neglected to toss
Equals a wish in my hand that is now lost.

No comments:

Contributors