Monday, May 21, 2007

Uh-oh.

I'm finding that I'm running out of photo's that I feel good about putting up. I've had some new shots, but have also been digging into my old files. After looking for an image tonight I am feeling the urge to take Betty out for some walks and get some new stuff. Thank god you can never go wrong with a lightning shot.
I was on my parent's deck back home. I love thunderstorms back home...they aren't skewed by the tight quarters of a town. They're more real to me. That tree has been there since before we moved there. I was in second grade I think. Mom would get so mad because we kept tying up tire swings to it. Well, actually it was just innertubes...we didn't have the actuall tire. There was a little clearing where no grass would grow because we would just sit on the swing and spin for hours. The tree isn't looking as good as it used to. Sadly enough time keeps moving on and my memories keep becoming more vague. I hope I never forget the evening after a storm when we were outside playing in the tree. There was a huge rainbow to the west and dad had our new video camera out for the first time. I called him "shit for brains". And Larry said, "Lynnett just bought bed time for that one." We actually have it on tape somewhere. He never did make me go to bed early that night...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't worry if you forget we will remind you! That was the funniest thing what a great night to get the camera out for the first time and just happen to catch you saying that. What was even better was the looks on our faces when we realized what you said. Priceless
Love ya
Lori

Contributors