Thursday, May 10, 2007

I used to date this broad...

"There is no man more boring than a man with a career."
Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
(may not be quoted exactly right-but close enough)
This is Jim. We just got done putting a presentation together on Serology/Virology tests (yes, it does drive one to drinking). We went to O'Rourkes to have a drink after. Jim picked the seat, I picked the drink. A pitcher of Old Style of course. The first glass, as always, in dedication to Lane. (Hey-ay!)
Jim is a good friend. We just got done spending 8 hours a day together for five weeks at Creighton. We sat at a bench and tried to identify bacteria and didn't kill each other in the process. I like Jim because while at times he is so straight-laced, he can come out of left field and knock your socks off with an unexpected story...and stories he has. He has some nice quotes too. Jimmy-isms. When we hit the pubs in the Old Market, everytime he started a story with, "I used to date this girl", I would drink. Tonight...no different. I also love that he calls girls "broads". It always makes me smile. I should probably be offended but I'm not. I love the word. Hopefully someday he'll be sitting with someone else and say, "There was this broad I used to go to school with...and she was okay."
Drink

1 comment:

Lane said...

Hey-ay!

"I'd like a pitcher of your finest Old Style." --me

Contributors