Friday, May 18, 2007

A Place Aside


There's a place on the bike trail that has lilac bushes to one side of it. I usually forget about it until the smell is suddenly upon me. I love it. I always take a deep breath in and let it soak through me. It is such a great spot because on the one side, you have the lilac's and on the other side there's the rottweiler who never makes even a peep. He is always just hanging out, taking it all in. He didn't even bark at the little dog that came up to say hello yesterday. It made me smile. I thought for sure the little dog would be eaten. I thought wrong. Something about the contrast of the two makes sense.
I'm a little sad the bushes won't be blooming much longer. It is my favorite spot on the trail.

(The night I took this photo my camera broke and I had to send it away. It was my first summer in Lincoln. You know, the one where I lived in a trailer. Hey-ay!)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey sis I want a copy of this picture also! It just goes to show you that even though you were living in a trailer look at how beatiful life was! You are so talented

Lynnett said...

which sibling is this may i ask?

Anonymous said...

your sister

Contributors